Friday, January 18, 2013

Warm Bodies: Book Review


Warm Bodies

Author: Isaac Marion
ISBN: 1439142316 / 9781439192313
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 241
Publish Date: April 26, 2011
Publisher: Aimon & Schuster
Language: English

Teaser: "A zombie who yearns for a better life ends up falling in love -- with a human-- in this astonishingly original debut novel."

(Information found on The Book Depository)

I started reading this book thanks to Leesha C. or xSparkage. I happen to be watching one of her blogs and she mentioned something about the book and the movie. That spiked my interest so I went and got the book.   So if she ever reads this thank you.

First off I love anything zombie. But the way that this book is I believe the only way to truly write this book for people to get a different side of a story that is told many times over especially in our day and age. From the point of view of the zombie man who knows basically nothing of his past but that his name may have started with R.

I know that many people will say it is a love story between 2 characters but I honestly feel that it is a love story between 3 characters, R the zombie man, Julie the human girl, and Perry the boyfriend of Julie and the victim of R. Saying this goes back to asking someone if they believe in love at first site, or do you believe that you grow to love someone through the experiences and memories that you make with someone. That being said as I was reading I started off thinking one being Julie some how changes R which causes this physical change, but things start to take a turn more then once as you get closer and closer to the end of the book. I must say it certainly has a ending that I love to death and back again. Haha.

Also DO NOT forget that Warm Bodies is coming to a theater near you on February 1, 2013.

xo Miss Cylient

No comments:

Post a Comment